- Wooday Puttiah Krishna
- Chartered Engineer-Arbitrator
- Birth and Family Background
- Born in 1963 in Bengaluru
Great Great Grandfather
Woodeda Puttanna (1807 - 1899)
Wood Furniture Manufacturer & Philanthropist.Great Grandfather
Woodeda Hanumanthappa (1856 - 1928)
Corundum and Manganese Mines Owner and a noted Folklorist of his times.
A Lane in Balepet, Bengaluru, is named after him.Grandfather
W. H. Hanumanthappa (1885 - 1977)
Freedom Fighter; Founder Member of Mysore Congress; Former Member, Mysore Representative, Constituent and Legislative Assemblies; and, Former Mayor of Bengaluru.
5th Main Road, Gandhinagar, Bengaluru, is named after him.Father
W. H. Puttiah (1923 - 2012)
Merchant, Freedom Fighter and Philanthropist
3rd 'B' Main Road in Sriramnagar, Mahalakshmipuram, Bengaluru, is named after him.
- Student Leadership
Sri Ramakrishna Vidyashala Students' Council, Mysuru, 1977-78Vice-President
Bangalore Institute of Technology Students’ Union, 1982-83Founder President
Bangalore Institute of Technology Kannada Sangha, 1981-82
Took active part and courted arrest in the famous ‘Gokak Agitation’ demanding primacy of Kannada in school education, 1982Working President
Karnataka Engineering Students’ Forum, 1982-83
Ph.D. in Business Administration
M.S. by Research in Industrial Engineering & Management
M.L. (Contracts including Mercantile Law)
Diploma in Journalism
Senior Chartered Mechanical Engineer
Govt. of India Registered Valuer of Machinery & Plant
Certified Arbitration Engineer
- Fields of Specialization
30 Plus Years of Experience and Expertise in
Engineering Inspection and Certification
Appraisal of Machinery & Plant
Teaching, Training and Research
Founder Life Fellow
- BRICS Academy of Engineers
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology, U. K.
- World Academy of Productivity Science, Canada
- The Institution of Engineers (India)
- Indian Institution of Technical Arbitrators
- Indian Institution of Plant Engineers
- Indian Institution of Production Engineers
- Indian Council of Arbitration
- World Academy of Engineers
- Institution of Valuers
- International Council of Consultants
- Indian Technology Congress Association
Professional Accomplishments and Thought Leadership
Transitioned from a successful Educator to a Certified Arbitration Engineer of high eminence. Consistently delivered comprehensive, fact-based, sector-specific, top-notch and high value Arbitration Awards that have stood the test of legal scrutiny. Built a reputation as a proponent of Institutional Arbitration. Appointed as Court Commissioner, Adjudicator and Sole Arbitrator in a number of techno-legal cases. Served as Co-Arbitrator along with retired High Court and Supreme Court Judges.
Certified Chartered Mechanical Engineer of India with expertise in engineering inspection and certification.
Govt. of India Registered Valuer of Machinery and Plant of over 25 years standing.
Provided Technology Leadership as National President of the Indian Institution of Production Engineers.
Nominated as Member
- Board of Management
Engineering Staff College of India
- National Committee for Certification of Professional Engineers & International
- National Committee on Engineers’ Bill
- World Academy of Engineers
- BRICS Federation of Engineering Organizations
- Indian Technology Congress Association
- Indian Society for Networked Autonomous Unmanned Systems
- The Institutions of Engineers (India) Alumni Association (IEIAA)
Empanelled as Arbitrator with
- The Arbitration Centre, Karnataka
An Initiative of the High Court of Karnataka, Bengaluru
- The Indian Council of Arbitration, New Delhi
- The Institution of Engineers (India), Kolkata;
- The Indian Institution of Technical Arbitrators, Chennai
Invited to serve as
- Honorary Emeritus Professor
Department of Mechanical Engineering
New Horizon College of Engineering (Autonomous), Bengaluru
- Visiting Faculty
Engineering Staff College of India, Hyderabad
- Member, Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Board
- Member, National Advisory Committee
Nagarjuna College of Engineering (Autonomous), Bengaluru
- Member, Advisory Committee
Mahatma Gandhi Centre for Sustainable Development
Karnataka State Rural Development and Panchayat Raj University, Gadag
- Member, Academic & Development Committee
Atria Institute of Technology, Bengaluru
- Visiting Professor
D. C. School of Management Technology, Idukki District, Kerala
Department of Mechanical Engineering.
B.M.S. College of Engineering, Bengaluru
The Institution of Valuers (India), Bengaluru Branch
Indian Engineering Congress, 2011
India's largest Engineering Conclave
- Technical Experts' Committee, Karnataka Government School Students' Satellite (KG3Sat) Project, 2022.
- Karnataka State Scientific Research Council
- Organizing Committee, Indian Technology Congress, Bengaluru
- Advisory Committee, Indian Sustainability Congress, Bengaluru
- Project Monitoring Committee of the Indian Council for Medical Research sponsored Research Project relating to 'Development of Prototype and Manufacture of Non-invasive Gluco Meter using Near Infra-Red Spectrometry’
Books & Publications
- Gandhi Mattu Adhyatmika Susthirate, published by Karnataka Gandhi Smarak Nidhi
- Mahatma Gandhi mattu Swaccha Bharata, published by Karnataka Gandhi Smarak Nidhi
- Samajavaada: Gandhi Drishtikona published by Karnataka Gandhi Smarak Nidhi
- Gandhi mattu Adhyatmika Rajakaarana, published by Gandhi Peace Foundation
- Sir M. Visvesvaraya: Jeevana, Sadhane in Kannada
- Bellakki Saalu a collection of Pen Sketches in Kannada
- Nadiyante Nenapu a Memoir in Kannada
- Beyond the Boundaries being a compilation of Letters, Articles, Speeches and Interviews of Dr. Wooday P Krishna, with a foreword by Dr. Justice M. Rama Jois
Member, Editorial Board
- Monograph on Biosensors
- The Discipline and Culture of Innovation
- Monograph on Nanosensor Technology
- Acoustics and Noise Control
- Taoist Directions for Design and Development
- Micro Air Vehicle Experts Directory
- Introduction to Basic Machining Technology
- The Institution of Engineers (India) Annual Technical Volume (Mechanical Engineering)
- Edited 'Samaahita', a Collection of Critical Essays on Prof Mallepuram G Venkatesh's Life and Literary Works, published by Udaya Prakashana, Bengaluru, 2022.
- Works of Sir R. Venkataratnam Naidu (in 3 Volumes)
- Legendary Charter Progression of Indian Engineering edited by Dr. L V Murali Krishna Reddy & published by the Indian Technology Congress Association
- Reminiscence of the Engineer-Statesman Sir M. Visveshwaraya edited by Dr. L V Murali Krishna Reddy & published by the Indian Technology Congress Association
- Loka Chintakaru, a collection of Articles in Kannada and English on Great Thinkers, published by Karnataka Gandhi Smarak Nidhi
- Seshadripuram Journal of Social Sciences, a Peer Reviewed Open Access National Journal
Seminars & Papers
- Organized and attended a number of technical seminars, symposia, workshops, conventions and conferences on Engineering, Valuation and Arbitration at State, National and International levels
- Published a number of technical papers in the fields of Mechanical Engineering and Asset Valuation
- 5th World Kannada Conference organised by AKKA (Association of Kannada Kootas of America), Chicago, USA, 2008
- 17th South Asia Teaching Session on International Humanitarian Law held at Kathmandu, Nepal, in 2010, at the Invitation of the International Committee of the Red Cross
- International Conference on Innovation & Technology at the University of Technology, Malaysia, 2015.
- 18th World Productivity Congress, organised by World Academy of Productivity Science, Behrain, 2017.
- International Astronautical Congress, Paris, 2022.
- Indian Delegation that visited China in 2006 on a Goodwill Mission
- Indo-Russian Technovation Delegation that visited Russia in 2015
- Indo-Germany Technovation Delegation that visited Hannover Masse, Germany, in 2017
- Indo- Israel Technovation Delegation that visited Tel Aviv, Israel, in 2018
- Expert Committee to review Western Ghat Ecological Reports by Dr.Kasturirangan and Dr. Madhav Gadgil, 2014.
- Indian Technology Congress Association's Space-Tech Delegation that visited France, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary & Serbia in 2022.
- Indian Technology Congress Association's Space-Tech Delegation that visited Czech Republic in 2023.
- Indian Delegation to Sri Lanka at the invitation of the Government of Sri Lanka underthe Indo Sri Lanka Youth Exchange Programme, 1999
Individual Social Responsibility
- Outstanding Voluntary Non-Political Public Service spanning four decades.
- Singapore, Sri Lanka, Nepal, China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, United States of America, New Zealand, Qatar, Dubai, Bangladesh, Bahrain, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, Russia, Spain, Portugal, Luxembourg, Abu-Dhabi, Israel, France, Austria Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Turkey and Oman.